Academic Freedom, Professional Responsibility, Promotion and Tenure
Faculty Evaluation, Promotion and Tenure (FEPT)
- Guidelines – procedures for faculty appointment, annual evaluation, promotion, and tenure.
- 2016-17 FEPT Memo and Calendar
- Peer Institution List – use this list to find external evaluators.
- Sample Annual Review Letters
- Full-Time Faculty Effort
- Extending the Tenure Clock
- Comparable documents from our governing bodies:
Other Important Information
- Alternate Pathways to Promotion and Tenure – program in discussion, if approved, would (a) provide tenured Associate Professors the opportunity to be considered for promotion in ways beyond the traditional pathway, and (b) provide an opportunity for some non-tenurable faculty to achieve tenure.
- Streamlining the Annual Evaluation Process – allows fully promoted professors to waive annual review by the unit review committee and eliminates requirement for documenting internal service.