Internal Awards, Fellowships and Grants
- Benedum Distinguished Scholar Awards – awarded to a faculty member holding a continuing appointment at any rank for distinction in research, scholarship, or creative activity
- Mary Catherine Buswell Award – honors a WVU faculty/staff/student or a West Virginia citizen who has provided outstanding service to women at WVU
- Neil S. Bucklew Award - Awarded to a faculty or staff member who has best demonstrated outstanding leadership, courage, and support on a continuous basis in the area of social justice in the West Virginia University system.
- Caperton Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Writing – recognizes a tenured faculty member for excellence in the teaching of writing
- James & Karen Caveney Faculty Excellence Award – awarded annually to a highly productive faculty member holding a continuing appointment at or above the rank of assistant professor or the equivalent. Recipients shall demonstrate excellence in research and acquisition of grants; exceptional teaching and innovation in instruction; and commitment to the people of West Virginia, on and off the campus.
- NEW! Digital Learning Awards - awarded annually to WVU employees who exhibit excellence in teaching through innovative digital activities or programs
- Distinction in Mentoring Undergraduates in Research – recognizes a full-time faculty member for excellent mentoring of undergraduate students in research and/or creative endeavors
- Distinction in Mentoring Graduate Students in Research – recognizes a full-time faculty member for excellent mentoring of graduate students in research and/or creative endeavors.
- Nicholas Evans Awards for Advising Excellence – recognizes outstanding advising and mentoring provided by faculty and professional advisers
- Ethel & Gerry Heebink Award for Distinguished State Service – recognizes a faculty or staff member who has provided distinguished service to West Virginia over an extended period of time more than eight years (awarded annually); or a faculty or staff member who has provided significant service to West Virginia over a shorter time period, but still characterized as having had a significant impact (awarded biennially).
- WVU Foundation Outstanding Teacher Awards – recognizes exceptional teaching and/or innovation in teaching methods, course and curriculum design, and instructional tools
- Faculty Merit Foundation West Virginia Professor of the Year
Academic Leadership Fellows Program – professional development opportunity for WVU faculty sponsored by the Office
of the Provost
- Academic Leadership Fellows (recipient list by year)
- Big 12 Faculty Fellowship Program – a grant program among the institutions in the Big XII Athletic Conference offering faculty an opportunity to travel to member universities to exchange ideas and research.
Current Honors Faculty Fellows
– selected fellows will develop and teach an Honors course in their home department,
participate in faculty development opportunities, and deliver a public lecture
on their course material.
- All Honors Faculty Fellows (recipient list by year)
- HSC Fellows – Teaching Scholars Program promotes educational skills, critical thinking, and innovative classroom approaches; while targeted to HSC faculty, program is open to all faculty
Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship Academy Faculty Fellows
(IDEA) – champion entrepreneurship and innovation across campus. Applications
resume in 2019-2020.
- IDEA Faculty Fellows(recipient list by year)
WVU Research Internal Grants
– funding opportunities through the University Research Office
- NASA WV Space Grant Consortium
- Office of Global Affairs – offers a variety of grant programs to encourage international collaborations in teaching and research
- Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (PSCoR)
- Research & Scholarship Enhancement Grants
- Technology Integration Grants
- WV Clinical and Translational Sciences (WVCTSI) pilot grants
- WVU Academic Conference Grants
- WVU Community Engagement Grants
- WVU Travel/Development Grants