Academic Freedom, Professional Responsibility, Promotion and Tenure
Faculty Evaluation, Promotion and Tenure (FEPT)
- Guidelines – procedures for faculty appointment, annual evaluation, promotion, and tenure.
- 2017-18 FEPT Memo and Calendar
- Faculty Appointment Letters
- Full-Time Faculty Effort
- Modification of Duties for Certain Full-Time Faculty; Extension of the Tenure Clock
- Peer Institution List – use this list to find external evaluators.
- Sample Annual Review Letters
- Comparable document from our governing body:
Other Important Information
- Department Chairs and Faculty in Other Leadership Positions: Protocols for Appointment, Assignment and Review
- Emeritus Status (Section 10)
- Endowed Chairs and Professorships
- Faculty Qualifications Accreditation Policy
- Faculty Salary
Review of Deans and Administrators
- Sabbatical Leave
- Work-Life Integration
- Alternate Pathways to Promotion and Tenure – program in discussion, if approved, would (a) provide tenured Associate Professors the opportunity to be considered for promotion in ways beyond the traditional pathway, and (b) provide an opportunity for some non-tenurable faculty to achieve tenure.
- Streamlining the Annual Evaluation Process – allows fully promoted professors to waive annual review by the unit review committee and eliminates requirement for documenting internal service.